Bronhaul Village Retreat
Cottage in Pennal, Snowdonia, Wales
2 Bedrooms «
Sleeps up to 4 «
Price from £299 to £499 per week «
Children Welcome «
Sorry, No Pets «
About the Cottage
Bronhaul is a charming 2 bedroom, 19th-century terraced cottage with a very authentic rustic feel, enjoying lovely rural and mountain views in a historic Welsh Village location and just a short walk to the excellent ‘Riverside Inn’ pub/eatery in Pennal.
- 2 Double bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Recently refurbished
- Garden and terrace, with BBQ and furniture
- ECO electric heaters in all rooms
- A wood burner
- Fabulous views
Bronhaul offers an open plan living/dining area and separate kitchen fitted with modern appliances.
Enter through the lovely original porch off the roadside.
- Carpeted flooring and beamed ceiling
- A fabulous log burner set into an ‘Inglenook’ style fireplace and slate hearth (a bag of logs are provided FREE)
- 24” Panasonic flat screen SMART TV.
- Selection of board games and DVDs
- Cosy 2 seater sofa and 2 armchairs.
- Drop leaf wooden table and 4-period dining chairs to the rear of the room in a recess.
- With quarry tiled floors
- Fully fitted country style oak and glass fronted units with marble look worktops
- A Belling cooker with ceramic hob, double electric oven, and grill
- Iron and ironing board
- Fridge with freezer box (no separate freezer sorry).
- Movable drop leaf dining table and 2 chairs
A really well equipped kitchen, with all the necessary cooking utensils.
Garden off Kitchen
The cottage has its own beautiful, enclosed garden and terraces. There is:
- A wooden patio set with 4 chairs
- Additional benches to sit and enjoy the views, peace, and quiet of this little village
This lovely tiled, designer bathroom is downstairs and has a
- Victoriana vanity wash basin
- Three-quarter size bath with Victoriana mixer taps and hand held shower over the bath.
- Heated towel rail
- Original sash window
- Period door
- An oak wood frame double bed
- Bedside table and chair
- A period washstand
- Four drawer dressing table with mirrors and a matching double wardrobe.
- An art deco centre lamp shade
- Views over the quiet village road
- A fabulous rural and hillside view over the garden
- A period door
- An oak wood frame double bed with bedside table
- There are 2 wooden rails and hooks with wooden hangers for hanging garments
- An art deco centre lamp shade.
All heating is by ECO electric panel heaters in each room. All the stairways and bedrooms are newly carpeted, each guest has two pillows.
There are vintage style eiderdowns plus quilts, all bed linen is provided.
Bath and hand towels are provided for each person staying in the cottage.
Beach towels are NOT provided so please bring your own. NB: Low headroom in places and not suitable for guests with mobility issues.
The cottage is located off the Machynlleth to Tywyn road in the village of Pennal.
It is a quiet road that just accesses the local houses and farmland. It is just a short walk to the village where there is a very good inn and eatery plus a village shop.
All around are public footpaths that will take you to the banks of the gorgeous Dyfi River. There is on road parking to the front, with no restrictions and easy access to the cottage with no steps up to it.
Set in The Snowdonia National Park, the village of Pennal is ideally situated for whatever type of holiday you want. For those with families, sweeping sandy beaches can be found in Tywyn or Aberdovey. If you are into cycling or horse riding, there are numerous scenic places to ride. This is a walker’s paradise with numerous walks on the doorstep. If you are not the active type, then how about a ride on the Talyllyn Narrow Gauge Railway in Tywyn?
Come and explore this amazing area. Mid Wales is truly stunning and a 'well-kept secret' by discerning globetrotters. Come prepared for all conditions, it does rain sometimes!
Short breaks when available: Monday- Friday 4 nights & Friday-Monday 3 nights.
Changeover day is FRIDAY in the main season.
Pet free and smoke-free, so great for guests with allergies!
There is a £35 booking fee and a minimum charge of £199 applies to any stay. We also ask for a £150 security deposit, which is refundable providing there are no breakages or damage to the property
Prices inclusive of energy, bedding & towels.
We request a 25% deposit on booking, with the balance due 8 weeks before the arrival date.
Now available for SHORT BREAKS in peak season
Please use our availability calendar to check if your preferred dates are free. Days marked in red are currently booked and days marked in green are available for booking. Simply click on a free date and you will be prompted to fill in some further details about your booking.
Rates shown below are per night or for the whole week. Where a nightly rate is shown, we offer a 4 night midweek break arriving on Monday leaving on Friday and a 3 night weekend break arriving on Friday leaving on Monday.