Glan Y Don Boutique Style Cottage in Welsh Village
Cottage in Corris, Snowdonia, Wales
1 Bedrooms «
Sleeps up to 2 «
Price from £299 to £450 per week «
Sorry, No Children «
Sorry, No Pets «
About the Cottage
Looking for a really special boutique style holiday home? Glanydon has charm in bundles and is beautifully presented.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- Babies welcome - see Additional Information
- 2 wood burners
- Free WiFi
- Recently refurbished
- Central heating
- Double glazing
- Flatscreen TV
- Free parking nearby
It is set in the little Welsh village of Corris, just a few miles from Machynlleth. Guests can wake to the sound of the local tits, robins and finches and the water of the Deri bubbling along to the side and then take in the stunning views of the mountains which surround the village.
With all the modern day features, Glanydon is a perfect retreat for singles or couples, with or without a young baby, looking for a peaceful getaway.
From the front door, off the terrace (where guests can enjoy the peace and quiet and watch the world go slowly by), there is a spacious living area which has its original stripped pine floor.
The focal point is the wood burner which is set into the beautiful slate fireplace and feature wall; the owners provide you with all you’ll need to lay and burn the fire for one evening and kindling and logs can be bought nearby. There is:
- A two-seater settee
- Quirky locally crafted coffee table
- A flatscreen TV
- DVD/CD player
- Playing cards and games, books and DVDs
- A drop leaf table and two chairs
- A reclinable high chair for little ones can be provided
The super ‘Magnet’ designer kitchen is very well equipped with everything the keen cook would want and expect in a property of this standard, including a moveable island/worktop. There is:
- A NEFF induction hob
- NEFF built in oven and AEG built-in microwave
- A slimline dishwasher (tablets provided)
- Tall fridge/freezer
- Digital scales
- Stick blender and an electric hand whisk
- A ‘Clearview’ wood burning stove which can be cooked on using cast iron pans and AGA accessories
- 2 thermos flasks and a torch if you need one
The Deri and the glorious mountains can be seen from the kitchen window.
The first floor is accessed by stairs leading off from the kitchen.
Lovely master bedroom with original stripped pine floor. The bedroom is furnished with:
- A double bed
- Two bedside cabinets
- A double wardrobe and a six-drawer chest of drawers, all in pine
- Two chairs and a basket for your dirty linen
Inside the wardrobe, you will find a hairdryer, an iron and a tabletop ironing board.
A quirky little feature is the two Fair Trade ‘nose’ glasses holders from India which sit on each of the bedside cabinets helping you find your glasses in the morning!
A RedKite travel cot is available.
An extra mattress for the travel cot (to ensure baby AND YOU get a good night’s sleep!) and bedding is also provided so that there is a little bit less for you to have to pack and bring with you!
See the baby package details in “Additional Info” for everything else which will be provided for your little one so you don’t have to bring it, giving extra packing space in your boot!
The designer bathroom is stunning. It has an original stripped pine floor, a large walk-in shower with flood pan overhead and hand attachment and a glass shower screen.
The roll top bath has a mixer tap as has the bowl basin on a washstand.
There is, of course, a WC. There are two heated towel rails. Organic, cruelty-free toiletries (shower gel, shampoo and conditioner and body lotion) and towels and flannels are also provided. Needless to say, there are stunning views from the bathroom window.
There is a little terrace with a table and two chairs to the front so you can enjoy a drink or meal outside in this lovely village location; watching the world go by is also recommended. A few meters away you will find the licensed Idris Stores where you can pick up some essential supplies, enjoy a snack and a drink or buy some local handicrafts or artwork.
A bit further along is the Slater’s Arms where you can enjoy a pub meal, a pint and a chat with some of the villagers. Corris is the perfect place to enjoy the peace and quiet and beautiful mountain scenery.
Set on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, Glanydon is perfect for whatever kind of holiday you want.
Maybe you like horse riding or cycling – there are lots of scenic places to ride and the owners can offer a secure place for you to keep your bike;
Perhaps you like walking – there are stunning walks to be had just outside the front door and Cadair Idris is a few miles away;
You may be a railway buff – there are several narrow gauge railways in the area including Corris’s own little railway and museum a few steps from the front door;
Oh you do like to be beside the seaside? – there are miles of sandy beaches on the sunny Cambrian coast in Tywyn, Aberdyfi or Barmouth and the seaside/university town of Aberystwyth is about half an hour away;
Perhaps you are interested in discovering new ways to do your bit for the environment – the world famous Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) is about three miles away, even walkable;
Perhaps you are a culture vulture – MOMA in Machynlleth is home to art exhibitions and concerts and there is an annual Comedy Festival in May and music festival in August in Machynlleth;
Maybe you want peace and quiet to simply sit and be – Glanydon is the perfect bolt hole set in glorious scenery.
If you’d rather leave your car behind there is a bus stop a few hundred meters from the cottage where you can get a ride into Machynlleth where there is a mainline railway station. A little further along from the cottage, on the top road, you can get buses to Aberystwyth, Dolgellau and Bangor.
- Ample free parking nearby.
- Safe storage available for bikes
- Short breaks available Monday – Friday 4 nights and Friday – Monday 3 nights.
- Suitable for small babies but not for toddlers and older children.
- Baby package available which includes:
- Travel cot, extra mattress and bedding and a loan of Cadi Cwningen (Cadi Bunny) to cwtch!
- High chair
- Baby bath and hooded towel
- Organic, cruelty-free baby toiletries
- There is a small supplement of £20 if you bring your baby.
- Friday changeover in the main season.
- Check in from 4 pm and checkout by 10 am please.
- Towels and organic, cruelty-free toiletries provided.
- There is a £35.00 booking fee and a minimum charge of £199 applies to any stay. We ask for a £150 security deposit which is refundable providing there are no breakages or damage to the property.
- Prices inclusive of WIFI, welcome hamper, electricity, gas, bedding, towels, dishwasher tablets, organic, cruelty free toiletries and enough fuel for one use of one wood burner.
Please use our availability calendar to check if your preferred dates are free. Days marked in red are currently booked and days marked in green are available for booking. Simply click on a free date and you will be prompted to fill in some further details about your booking.
Rates shown below are per night or for the whole week. Where a nightly rate is shown, we offer a 4 night midweek break arriving on Monday leaving on Friday and a 3 night weekend break arriving on Friday leaving on Monday.